Every single person in an organization has the opportunity to be a driver of the company culture.Â Culture has an incredible impact on employee happiness.Â Â Growing a culture that fits your employees can produce higher employee productivity, lower attrition rates, and best of all, create an engaging and fun workplace environment.
Donâ€™t wait for someone else to take the reigns.Â Start small.
Here are a few ways to own your culture:
- Weekly company food competitions â€“ are you in the mood for chips and guacamole?Â Hold a company/department â€œGuac offâ€ â€“ best part, everyone brings in the food you love to eat.
- Work with your team to create your Immutable Laws.
- Create a culture book â€“ include all the things that make you and your company unique (as well as exposing all the â€œweirdnessâ€ that is housed within your friends/co-workers).
- Create a mascot â€“ for either the whole company or your team.
- Make t-shirts, stickers, and posters of said mascot.
- Have random dance parties.
- Make fun videos to help explain concepts at meetings.
Remember: often the most important pieces of a company culture are the unplanned events.
How do you embody your company culture?